Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Volcanic Ash! Who's Breathing Easier?

 I wondered aloud on my Facebook page if "no smoking" restrictions were still in force in Iceland. Bad joke, perhaps, but it was a coping mechanism to get through some frustration over travel delay. As of 10 AM this morning, it's not a couple of hours delay, or a couple of days. It could be a couple of months before my wife and I get to visit our son overseas. "Hope deferred" is tough. For people stranded between places, they would gladly trade places and be "stuck" at home. We don't know when, but we expect that when the family does get together, the pleasure will be doubly appreciated.
    All the same, it isn't easy. Maybe if I was Stoic, I wouldn't blink. But I do. I aspire to being a follower of Jesus, and "Jesus wept." Certainly not over a personal inconvenience .He wept for a generation that turned away from Him. Then He outlined some events coming in The Last Days.
    Don't attempt to connect all the dots here. Just pause. A mountain on a sparsely populated land-mass belches; and flights, nations, and commerce are grounded. Who's able to sell you comprehensive coverage? I'm not a Stoic, or an atheist (thank God.)  We can hardly wait to see our son. It is a strain. But the hope of seeing him soon, helps me think of seeing Christ again. With that thought, be ready for departure.And breathe easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment